Why Feed Raw Dog Food?
It's simple, a Prey Model Raw diet is the only biologically appropriate diet for your carnivore. Switching a pet with an existing health problem to a raw diet can often result in improvement of their conditions. Healthy pets started on a raw diet are more likely to avoid some of the illnesses that are common in kibble fed pets. All raw diets are not created equal, it is important to start with quality ingredients for your pet's raw food. Most importantly, it is not too much to ask, to know every single ingredient that is in your pet's food!
Below are some of the great Prey Model Raw pet food benefits:
- Pets enjoy their food and looks forward to meal times with excitement.
- Helps create a stronger, healthier immune system so more resistant to disease and ill-health.
- Healthy skin & coat with less shedding.
- Reduced dental work.
- Better concentration.
- Less hyperactive, yet more energy.
- Better muscle tone and more stamina.
- Reduced flatulence and smaller stools.
- No need for harmful neurotoxins for flea/tick control.
- Better digestion.
- Fresh food and you know what is in it.
How is raw dog food better than kibble?
- Most kibble is plant based and therefore not dietary accessible for digestion and not species appropriate chemicals, food coloring and preservatives have been added to extent shelf life.
- Source of meat is unknown to consumer.
- Many kibble manufactures source their meat from rendering plants, meat unfit for human consumption, including chemically denatured meats and/or spoiled meats.
- Most kibble includes corn or corn syrup.
- Corn is a major contributor to allergies, as it acts as a natural histamine.
- Kibble has been found a major contributor to canine diabetes and pancreatic problems.
- Many kibble brands are repeatedly recalled for mold or salmonella contamination.
- Kibble fed dogs do not have the stomach acid to withstand the ill effects of salmonella contamination in the kibble.
- Kibble fed dogs do not have the stomach acid to digest the occasional bone they get as a treat and therefore risk injury to the stomach or intestine, as well as blockage.
- Kibble with it's grain and sugar are a major contributor to cancer and arthritis.
- Kibble fed dogs have a higher percentage of tooth decay and are in periodical need of dental cleanings by the veterinarian.